And cooks, and creates

My old knitting blog fell out of use when my professional blog took up my time (and Ravelry took over my knitting). I'm reusing it now as a place to keep creative notes & endeavours fresh and reachable for my own use.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

We're moving! A larger house...a room just for crafty things...and - gasp! - more stash storage!

Thankfully I keep most of my stash in bins that will make the moving easy; I just have to box up my patterns, books, & needles. Then again I have four bookcases full of books that have to be moved, and too much stuff in general. I think it's time to Freecycle & Goodwill some of it.

Knitting progress:

I'm still 2/3 finished with the second of four squares; gah.
I have to tink & re-knit four rows of toe stitches on the fixation socks, then they're done.
I'm knitting the heel flap for the DK weight merino socks for Daddy - I LOVE this heel pattern (k1, slip 1, repeat). It's nice and dense and quite pretty, too.
I have two rows of the Lili's vest complete; I just don't think I did that first one correctly so I'm holding off until I do a little more research.
I'm getting ready to cast on to do the shawl for Cherry's wedding present - I'm making it in a lovely DK weight pure white wool yarn from elann.com, and am going to try working it up on size 9 needles to see how it goes.

So...we'll see how the knitting progresses during the move...oy!

No comments: