And cooks, and creates

My old knitting blog fell out of use when my professional blog took up my time (and Ravelry took over my knitting). I'm reusing it now as a place to keep creative notes & endeavours fresh and reachable for my own use.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Crafting weekend was a great success! At one point or another, we had knitting, spinning, quilting, chain maille making, papermaking, and electronics work going on!

My personal accomplishments list includes:

Finishing off a cabled afghan square
Getting 1/2 finished on another afghan square
Starting a sock in DK weight superwash merino, and getting within 20 rows of completing the leg
Weaving in the ends on the sweater
Finishing knitting and felting a bowl in black Paton's wool (I didn't like the shape, so I'll be looking for other patterns to help with that part)
Gauge swatching for a pair of fingerless gloves for Jim

I'm still almost done with the leg on the second sock for John, as well, and I hope to be starting the heel on that by the weekend!

My fingers hurt now. But it's a good, busy, successful hurt! I'll work on getting pics up soon.

No comments: