And cooks, and creates

My old knitting blog fell out of use when my professional blog took up my time (and Ravelry took over my knitting). I'm reusing it now as a place to keep creative notes & endeavours fresh and reachable for my own use.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First off, it's been a crazy few weeks, but I'm happily getting some knitting done.

Sweater - we're progressing! I'm about 6 inches (out of 18) into the second sleeve. The first sleeve is happily waiting it's mate, and already attached to the body of the sweater. I hope to have the sleeve finished by this coming weekend.

Socks - have turned the heel (after having to yank it out *again*) and am working on the instep decreases. Remind me never to work with Cascade Fixation again. I *hate* this.

Scarf - Almost finished with my Dream Swatch scarf - I'm using some dark teal-ish silk yarn and size 5 needles. It looks yummy.

I got some info on other knitting resources this past weekend, and will be looking into those.

On a totally different subject, I don't like the new Knitty. It's all hats & socks & fingerless gloves. And cutesies (flowers, and wings, fergoshsake). Bah!

No comments: