And cooks, and creates

My old knitting blog fell out of use when my professional blog took up my time (and Ravelry took over my knitting). I'm reusing it now as a place to keep creative notes & endeavours fresh and reachable for my own use.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A milestone ...

I have FINALLY finished the body of my sweater - tomorrow perhaps I'll get a pic of the work in progress. I'm using the bottom up, knit in the round pattern in Ann Budd's book, and using the "stripes" from the cardigan to dress up the yoke. I pondered doing a color, but since I'm making this out of pencil roving and this is the only color I have, the texture pattern will work much better.

I also finally got done tinking the stitches from the heel of the sock I've been working on.

I'm going to camp next week and I'm trying to plan out some small projects I can take with me. So far I'm thinking about knitting up a headband or two (my hair is getting longer and curlier, and I need the fast solution to a bad hair day!). Beyond that, I have no idea. I'm just brainstorming :)

No comments: